Monday, April 16, 2012

Who I Am In Christ

Hello! I just got back from our Cru Women's Retreat, where a good group of ladies & I had an awesome time to get away, relax, have fun, and really hear some solid messages about God. I am pretty sure that I gave a talk at some point... haha I breezed the heck right through it and it was a blur! Either way, I got a lot out of preparing it, as I walked through what I have learned over my past 4 years at USF about applying the gospel to relationships. Hopefully sometime I will get the chance to revisit it when I am not quite as busy finishing up school and share more of where I got my thoughts and ideas from in my life experiences and God's word!

In the mean time, I just found a neato list that I got at a Cru leadership meeting that I really love and want to have handy anytime. It's simple and encouraging, pointing us to what the bible says about who we are if we have Christ. I want to make my own copy to hang somewhere that doesn't use Comic Sans (I am just picky like that), but am putting it here for the world to enjoy. I encourage anyone to take an afternoon out to sit and read these verses one by one, contemplating what they mean for us, and go forth confident that we have the greatest strong arm behind us to catch us and push us onward! :)

Who I Am In Christ

I Am Accepted

1. John 1:12- I am God's child.
2. John 15:15- I am Christ's friend.
3. Romans 5:1- I have been justified.
4. 1 Cor. 6:17- I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with him.
5. 1 Cor. 6:19-20- I have been bought with a price. I belong to God.
6. 1 Cor. 12:27- I am a member of Christ's body.
7. Eph. 1:1- I am a saint.
8. Eph. 1:5- I have been adopted as God's child.
9. Eph. 2:18- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.
10. Col. 1:14- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
11. Col. 2:10- I am complete in Christ.

I Am Secure

12. Romans 8:1-2- I am free forever from condemnation.
13. Romans 8:28- I am assured that all things work together for good.
14. Romans 8:31-34- I am free from any condemning charges against me.
15. Romans 8:35-39- I cannot be separated from the love of God.
16. 2 Cor. 1:21-22- I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God.
17. Col. 3:3- I am hidden with Christ in God
18. Phil. 1:6- I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected.
19. Phil. 3:20- I am a citizen of heaven.
20. 2 Tim. 1:7- I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.
21. Heb. 4:16- I can find grace and mercy in a time of need.
22. 1 John 5:18- I am born of Gid, and the evil one cannot touch me.

I Am Significant

23. Matthew 5:13-14- I am the salt and light of the earth.
24. John 15:1&5- I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of his life.
25. John 15:16- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
26. Acts 1:8- I am a personal witness of Christ.
27. 1 Cor. 3:16- I am God's temple.
28. 2 Cor. 5:17-21- I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
29. 2 Cor. 6:1- I am God's coworker.
30. Eph. 2:6- I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.
31. Eph. 2:10- I am God's workmanship.
32. Eph. 3:12- I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
33. Phil. 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

This is a practical reference sheet for any and every question about ourselves in God's eyes, once we have given our lives over to Him because of what He did for us through Jesus. I hope it blesses you as much as it blesses me to have on hand and remember what is really true!

Have a refreshing Monday!

Love, Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment